[at-l] Re: Creation of the AT

saunterer wrote:
>And...  just because he had the
>vision doesn't mean that his vision was the absolute best one for everyone
>involved for all time.  McKay was a bright guy who said a lot of bright
>things and inspired a great project.  He wasn't a god.

sAunTerer -
If nothing else, we can agree on your views about MacKaye.

One thing I find interesting is that, in all of RnR's worshipful defense of
MacKaye, he's failed to point out that MacKaye was the "father" of the
Interstate highway system as well as the AT.  It may be "named" after
Eisenhower, but MacKaye laid it out in detail in 1930.  MacKaye WAS a
visionary - but not a god.

Walk softly,
Jim