From: Slyatpct@aol.com [mailto:Slyatpct@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 3:34 PM
To: kahley7@ptd.net; at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] Hiking in Afghanistan!

In a message dated 1/9/2002 1:30:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kahley7@ptd.net
writes:

> Yeah....if they could just get around that
> banditsontheroadwaitingtorape/rob/landminethinggee problem...
> Sly...step lightly....

There's been bandits, rapist and murderers since time, not unlike this or
many other countries.  I suppose if you've never been a victim or family
member of, news of such doesn't hit home. Good timing is a wonderful thing
and I was/have been lucky on that account, unfortunately, some of my family
members haven't been so lucky.  For the life of me, I amazed at how many
times *I've* been in the right place at the right time, even the time I
alluded real life afghan bandits at the site of the Giant Buhddas.  Talk
about karma!

As far as the landmines go, haven't you noticed how they mark their trails,
with red and white rocks?  Stay on the white side, or you may wind up a
one-legged hiker!

How's this for wishful thinking,

Sly's Afghan Hiking Hostel and Outdoor Center. Guided Tours Cheap.

I can see it now, private, semi private and bunk rooms overlooking the
courtyard and gardens, serving authentic native cuisine with utterly
majestic
views of the Hindu Kush.  Right down the street from the Bizarre!

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---