time passage... Re: [at-l] mags advice

--- Mark Hudson <hudsom@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> It will be over before you know it...
>
> Actually, time seemed to slow down on the trail for me. I got
> to live every minute of every day, and there wasn't a day that
went by where I ended up sitting in camp thinking it went too
fast - in the sense of the speed time seems to disappear in the
"real" world.

### On the hike I just did, I was "stuck" on the front porch of
Uncle Johnny's hostel, on the Nolichucky, for 6+ hours. I was
alone, the place was deserted and locked down, but the sun was
shining (when I arrived), and the music piped outdoors went from
the entire Woodstock soundtrack (kewl!) to everything ever put
to tape by Jimmy Buffet, then the same for Bruce Springsteen. It
was just the sun, me, Hilary the cat, the cars passin' by, and
JBL outdoor speakers; and the Nolichucky. If cold at the endof
my wait, it was a sublime way/place to be "stuck." I heard again
H. Hesse's Sidhartha: "I can sit. I can fast. I can wait."

### So. Great observation, Skeets: the passage of time is
definitely affected by a decent hike.

Sloetoe

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!