[at-l] mags advice

It will be over before you know it...

Actually, time seemed to slow down on the trail for me. I got to live every
minute of every day, and there wasn't a day that went by where I ended up
sitting in camp thinking it went too fast - in the sense of the speed time
seems to disappear in the "real" world. Then you add the number of
expiriences one has on a thru, and compare it to the rat race world, and
I'd have to say it works out to something like 6 months = 5 years....
Watching weeks and months disappear after my thru was one of the hardest
adjustments I had to make.
Maybe the living for the moment on the trail has a lot to do with it. You
start in Ga and can't believe you have to get to Maine, and when you get to
Maine it doesn't seem possible that you started in Ga. And you still get to
enjoy all the points in between.

skeeter