[at-l] Thru-hiking tips

>>*) Oh God, don't go bringing someone from your home
>>town out to the Trail to hike with you. Geez, there
is

That is normally good advice, but I must admit I had a
blast when a buddy of mine joined me for the last 115
miles from Monson t0 Katahdin.  I should note that he
is in good shape to begin with. Granted he was more
tired than me at the end of the day, but he kept up.

But, that is the exception rather than the rule. Most
people would be miserable if they joined their friend
for a week of hiking.

He plans on doing the same thing this year to hike
from Stehkin to Manning Park.

=====