From: "Mara Factor" <m_factor@hotmail.com>
To: jplynch@crosslink.net
Cc: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] One week in VT/NH
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 23:36:08 -0500

The kanc is the Kancamagus Highway (route 112), one of America's most scenic

roads.

No need to leave your car in Lincoln.  The Lincoln Woods trailhead is huge
and it's a safe place to leave your car (well, I've never heard of problems
there).  There's a manned (during the day)  ranger station there and at that

time of year, there's always plenty of cars parked there for many days.  You

will need to buy a White Mountains Parking sticker ($20/year or $5/day).

Since you'll be doing a loop hike, it'll be nice to hike back to your car
rather than meet someone else's schedule.

I know there's many places to stay in Lincoln but I don't know the names
offhand.  In N. Woodstock, just across the highway, there's the Woodstock
Inn which is right next to the cheapo "B&B" (just a "Bed" these days) that
many thruhikers stay in.  N. Woodstock is a little less touristy than
Lincoln.  Good food at the Inn (I know from personal experience).  They have

their own microbrewery and I've heard the beer is good.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99