[at-l] tyvek sleeping - a tale of 4 nights

Okay, I have now slept outside 4 days in different configurations, on a wood,
roofed balcony with walls on the west and south.

Basic bag set-up is:
    Army-issue insulated bag liner, mummy w/ hood
    LL Bean 30* bag, mummy w/ hood
    Army-issue goretex bivy, mummy w/hood
    Kmart blue closed-cell pad
And I wore each day:
    Army-issue polypro sweats
    Thor-lo winter hikers

Day 1: low in 20ies
    Basic set-up
    >> Slept a little cold, not comfortable but not miserable, hands
particularly cold

Day 2: low in 30ies
    Basic set-up, and added
    4x6' tyvek ground cloth over bivy
    lightweight fleece gloves
    lightweight acrylic toboggan
    >> definitely warmer, okay, woke with the tyvek slid off all of me but my
feet, hat also tended to come off.

Day 3: low in 20ies
    Basic set-up
    kept gloves
    tyvek ground-cloth moved under closed-cell pad
    changed acrylic hat for extremely lightweight poly balaclava
    spread 4x4' tyvek *scrap* over feet/legs on top of bivy
    >> okay again, not toasty, woke with the tyvek slid off on deck beside me.
Didn't like balaclava.

Day 4: low 20ies, high teens (coldest night)
    Basic set up
    gloves
    tyvek ground cloth still under pad
    back to acrylic hat
    spread tarp-size tyvek over top
    >> Toasty! Didn't really like balaclava or hat (going shopping again)

Has anyone thought of making a kinda tyvek envelope in the shape of a ground
cloth?  Then you could sleep *on* it on warmer nights and *in* it for colder
nights?  Maybe just the fold on one side, seal the bottom and leave the other
side open?  Would tape work for the bottom?

BTW, when using the tyvek on top of the sleeping bag, does it make a difference
which side is *up?*

TIA,
Delita

--