[at-l] Fontana Dam relocation?

I am or was hiking southbound,having stopped my hike in Damascus right before
Christmas.Over 900 miles for the year.Well,the last day i was in Damascus,3
northbound thru hikers showed up,to my surprise.Not section hikers,they were
planning on hiking through winter,having started at Springer on
November11.They told me that a trail relocation was taking place at Fontana
Dam because somebody is afraid that someone will try to blow up the dam,I'm
guessing because of the events of 9-11.They also seemed to imply that the
Fontana Hilton would be no more.I'm wondering if anybody has heard of such a
thing,and would that mean that the trail would be rerouted away from Watauga
and others dams?The whole thing sounds ridiculous,but I don't know how
paranoid the world has been since 9-11,because I've been on the trail the
whole time. Its just not as easy being back in the real world,I'm not quite
adjusting as well.Plus,I have no job,so my money will soon be gone.

Detour

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---