[at-l] Ruck on Wheels was ... GARUCK

In a message dated 12/29/2001 5:45:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
janl2@mindspring.com writes:

> CURRENT GUEST LIST:
>
> (Ron and DaleAmerica, what are your e-ddy's?)
>
> Delita
> Sly

Yikes, it turns out I won't be attending this years GARUCK afterall.  I've
got a better offer!

Actually I volunteered months ago to help support Team Triple Crown when they
past through NC. I talked to Fiddlehead and Pieps last night who were in the
Shenandoahs and they expect to be in the area around January 17th.  Right now
they're averaging around 25 miles a day, so as far as I can, tell that makes
sense.  I gathered they mostly stay in the van at trailheads, but spend the
night on trail in shelters or tents when needed at other times.  Pieps has a
forty below bag and says if it gets too cold, it's time to go home!   Both
sound like they're having the time of their lives, which is hard to believe
under the conditions and since they've seen so much previously.  Obviously
they love what they're doing.

I'm going to call this one the "Ruck on Wheels".  As both Fiddlehead and
Pieps have already hiked the CDT and plan on doing it again in coming months
I can't afford to pass up the opportunity to pick their brains.  Planning a
CDT thru-hike has been a major challenge and I could use the insider info,
live and in person.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html