[at-l] hut-bashing question

On Saturday, December 29, 2001 4:12 PM, Jonathan Hartford wrote:
I'm putting on my asbestos undies.  Go for it.

Never having been NE of Pennsylvania, I'm glad to hear both
viewpoints.

If I glom all previous posts together, respectful of party lines,
this
is what I see in the simplest terms:

Pro:		Con:
Bed		non-hikers in other beds
Food		not greasy cheeseburgers and pizzas
Views (etc.)	people sharing the views (etc.)

It looks to me like PART of the dislike, as expressed in some of
the
posts I've read, comes from some sort of "my hike's almost over
and
these people don't even understand what I've done!" ego (in the
Freudian
sense) thing.

Not bashing anyone, even though it looks like I am.  Just trying
figure out something I don't have any frame of reference for.

My question of the people who don't like them:  Would you like
them
without <fill in your pet peeve here>?
My question of the people who do like them:  what would cause you
stop?

-r