[at-l] Walrus Trekker Tarp

Hmm, I'd need to drag it down from the attic to see for sure, but I
think it was the silshelter - the one with overlapping front
"vestibule-type" "doors" - and it was susceptible to leaking IF you did
not set the overlap right - I solved one minor problem I saw with this
overlap [i.e., the overlap was not real good at the very top, where the
two parts meet at the pole point] by simply putting my cut-in-half pack
towel out over it.  I was pretty good about avoiding having the front
face into the wind, and I could see some water getting thru in a 40+ mph
wind from the front.  I actually was thinking of putting a couple of
velcro strips right there to give me a total weather seal option if I
needed it in a real gale force storm . . . what I really like about this
system is the fact that hikers today never count their poles when they
weigh their pack system, so if you use one of these tarps, you get to
use your hiking poles for the support system and thus get some "free
weight" when you do your gear lists.  And who says there's no free
lunch?  [heh-heh-heh!]

Thru-Thinker
[Clark Wright]