[at-l] pot cozy

"Leslie Booher" <lwbooher@halifax.com> wrote:

> Alright, everyone talks about using old sleeping pads to make
sit-upons
> (the old Brownie Scout name) and pot cozies, but just where do you get

> old sleeping pads?  I've never had one nor seen one.  I'm still using
> the first RidgeRest that I ever had, and it wouldn't do as a pot cozy,

> anyway.  Is there something at Wal-Mart or Lowe's, maybe True Value
> Hardware, that I can access inexpensively to use for these purposes?
> Those are the only suitable stores that I have where I live.
Anklebear

We just bought a $6 pad at Walmart and cut it into more than a dozen
cozies. Don't use a ridge-rest or other fancy pad; just plain closed
cell foam. The old "blue foam" pads of my youth are perfect, but the
last one we used was black.

Glue it with contact cement. It makes a joint that is impossible to tear
apart.

It seems a waste to make only one cozy from a brand new closed cell foam
pad, but you can also make a butt-pad (I use a double-thick pad!) and
I've even seen people make "tube pillows" this way.

-Paddler