[at-l] Christmas Eve

Lynn this is beautiful! I'm sharing it with my mother (a writer) who will enjoy
it as much as I did.

I was walking home last night just after dark, experiencing the *quieting* of
our world.  The last few cars and folks rushing around,  dashing through
increasing lulls in the traffic, church parking lots instead of shopping center
parking lots overflowing with huddled cars waiting patiently for their people
to return.

Just last month I was in Israel and struck by the once-a-week quiet.  Our
country used to do that.  What a treat it is to see us quiet down, at least one
time each year.

And the quiet wraps around me each time I step into the woods, even for a brief
day hike.  I get a hundred yards or two, maybe a quarter-mile in, and suddenly
- the quiet reaches me.  And I exhale.  I'm home.

Maybe it's the quiet we need even more than the hiking?  And the peace in our
hearts, our homes, our world could do for us all what hiking does for us few.

Shalom and joyous Christmas to all!
Delita

--
Delita Wright