[at-l] Re: RE Seriously planning to HIKE essentials

Orange Bug wrote:
At nearly a half pound, the Pathfinder is a bit heavy.

	Yep, I agree.  It's especially bad since I'm a chronic
overpacker and would try to take advantage of every available
pocket.
Be prepared to the nth degree is my motto I guess.

The clear plastic see thru compartment doesn't
really excite me except as an extra few ounces. I always wind
up pulling
the map out, unfold it, scan it, scratch my head, and try to
figure out why
the sun is setting in the east.

	Let me tell you about the time we came to a "T" intersection
exactly where it was supposed to be, took the left turn just like
it
showed on the map, and still ended up going the wrong way......
I liked the map sleeve because it was big enough that you could
show a
couple days worth of trail distance and not have to take the map
out to
mess with.

Yes, I am an ounce weeny.

	I'd just like to get over this darn addiction to gear I've got.
Don't they make a patch or something?

After think the thing thru a few
times, I think a
regular fanny/belly pack would be the ticket if you don't use
your pockets
or neck chain to carry those essential first aid items.

	Probably the best choice, but like I said, that addiction I've
got.   It's hard on my wallet.