From: roni h [mailto:roni_h3000@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 3:53 PM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] maps information

Hi

As you may remember I asked you a couple of weeks ago
about cheap and light map alternatives for the atc
maps.
I got a couple of interesting answers (thank's for
that) but they all seem irelevent for me.
I am now slowly (and painfully...) starting to
recognize the fact that to fully enjoy the trail I
might have to purchase the heavy atc maps. But
unfortunaly I can't find in any place the information
of what is the total weight of the the atc maps. I
posted this question in a forum and got different
answers.
I asked the ATC online store this question and got no
reply at all.
Can any one tell me the total weight of the whole of
the A.T.C maps combined or will this little but
improtent bit of information continue to remain a
mystery for ever ;-) ?

And (to eas the financial pain ... ) -
do you know of anywhere or anyplace where I can
purchase these maps in used condition. (I do know maps
change slightly over the years ).
I believe that maps (like books) should be used, and
shoul'd not spend most of their life sitting on
someones book shelf, waiting in vein for some future
use never to come.
So if any of you is not using his/her map's next
summer I'll be happy to buy from you the maps and as
my 2002 thruhike is done, I'll send the maps back to
you free of charge. (I'd rather the maps stand on your
shelf then on mine).

In any case - HAVE A VERY VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY

Roni (roni_h3000@yahoo.com)