[at-l] More winter hike questions (water, food)

Here's something I think might be useful to you.

You don't say where you're going to be during the winter, but keep in
mind that most canisters do not work below about 10*F. MSR's Isobutane
is claimed to work down to -10*F...tho if those are the temps you are
expecting, I would go with a liquid fuel stove. Mother Nature can be
very harsh. She's not something to play around with. I've seen 0*F in
Georgia in mid March. I've seen below freezing in June near the NOC.
I've seen well below freezing in mid-summer in Maine. All those times
the average usual lows were much much higher.

Just something to keep in mind. But like I said, I have no idea where
you'll be.

Be safe. Howie