[at-l] Cold weather hiking

First, does the water treatment really matter? I really do not know.

Second, I see two choices: A)Gravity filter with the filter kept thawed
and in your jacket; B)Iodine tabs rather than Polar Pure or other
liquids. Bleaching still works, but is just very slow; C) a regular
pump filter if you really want to keep that much weight and water
against your body while walking.

Bill...