[at-l] OT LOTR who would win?

Rami wrote:

> Ok, here's my LOTR / Harry Potter question...
>
> Who would win in a fight between Gandalf (after the balrog) and
> Prof.
> Dumbledore???

	Gandalf.

> I know, I know, no contest, different kind of magic, yada yada
> yada.
>
> State specific reasons if you please.
>
> :)

	Oh, fine. Dumbledore, no matter how powerful, is still human. Gandalf
is a maia, basically a type of lesser angel. So are all the wizards, and
so is Sauron (a fallen one, obviously).

> Btw: is Gandalf older than 3000 yrs.?

	Yes. See above.

>  Where did he get his ring?

	From Cirdan the Shipwright. When the wizards arrived in Middle Earth,
Cirdan recognized Gandalf for who and what he was, and gave him his
ring, one of the Three.

> Is he
> of Numenor?  I know there's someone out there who knows.
> -r
>
> noble path

	No. See above.

	Most all of this is garnered from the Silmarillion. It's all background
stuff that isn't really necessary to understanding or enjoying the LOTR.

	Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com