[at-l] Rental Car.

The rental and parking fees while you are walking from Springer to
Maine will just kill you. It would be cheaper to buy a used car and
abandon it here.

There are many ways of getting to Atlanta or Gainesville. You could
take the train and keep your pack with you the entire time. You could
ship your pack by UPS, using ground shipping if you plan to send fuel
with it. You could purchase 2 bus tickets, and sit the pack next to
you. You could fly Airtran to Atlanta (still very cheap), purchase the
fuel there, and arrange shuttle, bus or train to get up to Springer. I
suspect any of those would be competitive with a one-way rental to
Gainesville.

Bill...