[at-l] Re: Re Re Gear list

Orange Bug wrote:

> Get a small section of closed cell foam mat to use as a sitter. You
> reduce heat loss, reduce exposure to ticks and other bugs, and you keep
> your tush a bit dryer and cleaner. This is not a gender specific thing.

Man, what is it with you guys and hating pants?  Yall seem to go to
great lengths to keep the crotch exposed with this scheme.  ;)

I've been thinking about getting a sitter anyway, for sitting and for
propping up the head of my mesh bivy.  But you're not convincing me
to wear chaps.  I've lost the feeling in my butt too many times
to give up a layer of clothing there.

FWIW, those instant heat thingies don't do a dang thing to heat
up a cold butt if you put them in your back pockets.  Tried
that once.

amy in maryland

(and for those who suffer from a cold heinie like moi, I must
recommend a heated mattress pad when you're at home.  It's
pure heaven.  )