[at-l] Zen? Success?

>>And all this time I thought it was chopping wood, carrying water, and the
>>sound of one foot falling toward the earth's rising . . .
>
>That too........;^)
>But to truly hit zen while hiking,
>sometimes known as 'the zombiezone',
>can be hazardous.

I've been there running, bicycling and hiking.  I got so caught up in the
act that when I came out of it I could not recall the last mile or several
miles and had no idea how I got to the point where I was, which was exactly
where I was supposed to be, safe and sound to boot.  The only thing I could
recall about the 'missing' mile(s) was a sense of total exhilaration and
well being.  In that state of mind/spirit, the details seem to take care of
themselves.  (This state should not be confused with being preoccupied or
absent minded)

sAunTerer