[at-l] ends jusfifying the means????

At 05:41 PM 12/18/01 -0500, saunterer@jimbullard.org wrote:

>I don't condone falsifying reports but I have to wonder when some
>jurisdictions are resisting DNA testing to determine whether they have the
>right person on death row because it's so expensive, why is it being used
>to compare lynx hairs to determine the truthfulness of wildlife
>surveys.  [insert image of me scratching my head]  Is it because
>discrediting them is worth more than the cost of the tests?  Inquiring
>minds want to know.

Well all I _know_ is what I read in that article but
it could be that they are trying to track the breeders
to maximize the genetic diversity in a limited population,
to protect an endangered species from inbreeding
which may lay the entire population open to viral decimation?

Oooorrr, they may use genetics to actually track individuals
of reclusive nocturnal animals whom they don't see but see
evidence of?

Orrr, maybe somebody blabbed about the cool
scam they were pulling on the government?