[at-l] Deer hunting on the trail.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Bowyer" <halflifelost6@hotmail.com>
To: <stephensadams@hotmail.com>
Cc: <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 6:27 AM
Subject: Re: [at-l] Deer hunting on the trail.

> What most non-hunters fail to realize is the respect hunters have for the
> animals.  When a hunter shoots a deer and it is not dead he/she will take
> that poor shot opportunity (through heavy brush etc.) in hopes of putting
> the animal down. <<I agree that this guy should NOT have shot>> I have no
> doubt this man wanted to put this deer down.  As a hunter I feel he most
> likely wanted to end any suffering the animal was experiencing.  As an
> anti-hunter you may think what you want.  Unfortunately most people do not
> have any woodsmanship and know only what some self proclaimed "expert"
tells
> them and believes it, right or wrong.
>
> Your comment on cleaning out the gene pool, I would assume, applies to
> hunters and non-hunters alike, right Steve?  So if you fall off a rock and
> crack your head open just remember your own words.
>
> I'll not trouble the list with this any longer.  If you care to carry on,
do
> it in e-mail but make it good.  I'll most likely not waste my time with
> crap, just facts.
> Rich Bowyer

Ahh perhaps I understand now. When the son took his vest off, because of the
sons antlered head, brown furred back and white furred chest and belly,
along with the boys tail doin that white flag thing, why pop couldn't tell
his son from a deer what with the boy down on all his hands and knees
running through the brush.
Give me a break, assuming the story was accurate concerning the sound shot
business, there was no demonstration of woodsmanship. Only dam fools shoot
at sound while hunting. and that ain't crap or opinion, it's a fact./