[at-l] Southern RUCKformation

What about near the Okefenokee?
I hear there is good canoeing on the Suwanee, and that could tempt me
southward.

Canoeing is great cross-training for hikers - like backpacking without the
work! I know there are outfits on the Suwanee/Okefenokee that rent canoes,
paddles and PFDs.
Day "hike," then return and camp at night. Those that don't ant to paddle
can explore the parks and flora/fauna exhibits. Lotta birds and wildlife.

See:
http://originalflorida.org/rivers.htm

Here's another, private site:
http://www.canoe-suwannee.com/
Even has weather and water reports.

T'would be nice in mid-late Feb. to hit Florida... but what about them
'gators? Don't they sleep or somepin? Don't wanna be falling in no 'gator
water in February...

Anybody up for a little adventure?