[at-l] Porta Potties & Beef Jerky

TJ,  I also have a cabin in the woods that doesn't have a toilet.  In
fact, you are one big step ahead of me by having running water.  I use a
porta potty that I bought from Academy for about $70.  It is one of
those chemical gizmos that functions somewhat similarly to the toilet in
the bathrooms of airplanes.  It holds about 5 gallons of waste.  You
simply take it to the nearest home toilet when it is full and flush it.
Any camping store probably carries those things.  They are somewhat
popular with people who have ice fishing shacks, etc., also.

Regarding beef jerky, you will have a pretty hard time messing that up,
no matter what recipe you use.  You can find mine on my website at
http://www.oc.edu/staff/phil.heffington/recipes.htm

I also have recipes for "hamburger gravel" and "chicken gravel" listed
there, as well as some others that I have found useful for the trail.