[at-l] Cinnamon Imperial Apples

For all you dehydrator types I would invite you to try my recipe for
Cinnamon Imperial Apples.  They will probably be eaten long before you
actually get them to the trail, but give them a try anyway.

Melt 1/3 cup of Cinnamon Imperials (we used to call them "red hots") in
3 cups of hot water.  Peel, core, and slice as many apples as you have
room to place on your dehydrator trays.  Marinade the slices in the
melted imperial water mix for about 5-10 minutes.  It doesn't take long.

Dehydrate the marinaded apple slices for as long as it takes to reach
the consistency you like (probably a few hours or so).

Hide the finished product from the kids or you won't have any left for
the trail.

BTW, this is not a particularly good way to save money on trail food.
You can almost buy dried apples cheaper than you can make them.  The
cinnamon imperial marinade is worth the extra cost and time, however.
Also, buy the cheapest apples you can find.  They all seem to work well.