[at-l] Plan B - the rest of the story

In a message dated 12/10/2001 1:18:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> Overall, for short distances, there are few trails that are NOT easier than
> the PCT.  But it does have its moments - and the place where Marge fell is
> one of them.  The real challenge on the PCT is that it's 500 miles longer
> than the AT and and the "season" is a lot shorter - and the altitude - and
> the desert - and the snow in the Sierras - and 5,000 ft climbs - and ---
> well, you get the idea.  But the weather (except in Washington) beats the
> AT
> hands down.  I think we had 4 days of (partial) rain in the first 2000
> miles.  But then Washington made up for that.  :-))

Jim,

You forgot all the fords!   While you can rock hop some or try your balancing
act on others, over fallen trees, many are walk throughs, but some are deep,
some are swift and others are icy cold.   I know I lost count several days
and went under once (off a log), soaking most of my gear and losing a camera
to the bath.

More than once, I hiked in my tevas all day, instead of constantly changing
my footware.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html