[at-l] Re: A watched pot....

Many thanks to Orange Bug, Hopeful, Chase, Black Wolfe and FreightTrain for
your stove suggestions.  I modified my previous attempt in the following ways:
-used denatured alcohol instead of isopropyl (rubbing)
-preheated the burner
-used windscreen/potstand
-covered pot

I got the following results:
  Using about 1 oz of alcohol in burner, dribble of alcohol to preheat, 2
cups of tapwater in covered household pot, windscreen/potstand made of LARGE
coffee can (~2-1/2lb...coffee weight not can) holding the pot about 6" above
burner, the water was boiling in ~6 minutes.  I took off the cover and let it
boil uncovered for another 4 or 5 min before fuel ran out.

I'm very happy with the results.  I know using a shorter potstand and thinner
pot will make it boil sooner.  I just made do with what I have.  I'll keep
tinkering too.  It's fun!

Thanks again,
Teresa

"Procrastination is a dream-killer."