[at-l] Re: I am Not Funny

Speaking of trail names ... My friend Matt didn't get
a trail name either. Several were suggested, but none
of them stuck. I wanted to call him "Switchback"
because he would make little switchbacks on the
downhills (even when they weren't there), and because
he was constantly changing his mind about things. That
didn't stick either. He had a few other suggestions
and would sometimes sign all the names in the
register.

When we got to Erwin, Uncle Johnny referred to him as
"Mr. Internet" ... so he finally got a trail name,
just a few weeks before the end of his southbound
hike. By then, of course, SOBOs were few and
far-between, so there weren't many people around to
call him by his trail name. So that one didn't stick
either!

Waterfall
ME-GA 2000

=====
The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself. --Henry Miller

Visit my ME-GA 2000 thru-hike updates at http://www.gorp.com/gorp/activity/hiking/thruhike/nina/ninab_archive.htm.