[at-l] thru-hike budget

--- HungryHowie <howie@jschool.troyst.edu> wrote:
> The largest single contributing factor that I've seen adding
to the buildup in cost of a thruhike is alcohol. If you like a
few beers every now and then, and you enjoy the company of
others in a relaxed setting while in towns...you'll probably end
up spending bucos more than someone who doesn't drink. I always
went to the bars with my friends...just never partook.

> I don't feel that I deprived myself in any way throughout the
> trip.
### He's not kiddin'. I have personally observed HungryHowie
passing up draft Guinness (correctly served, and with a shamrock
laid out in its creamy little head) while on the trail.
Remarkable sight. Ranks with the double-rainbow from Bromley.....

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!