[at-l] winter exercise idea?

Y'know...  I didn't even think to mention in my original email...  The
crossover community between the contra and folk dance community and the
hiking community is quite large.  I've met many of my hiking and skiing
friends through dancing.  As a matter of fact, I would never have thruhiked
had it not been for one of those friends.  It was during a contra dance -
literally - that he asked if I wanted to hike the AT with him.  Well, as it
turns out, he didn't go, but I did...  :-)

Also, the number of hiking dancers I've met has at times been a big joke
with some of my non-dancing friends because I'll often see dancers I know
when I'm out hiking.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99