[at-l] OT - turkey day woes rant

Notice - off topic....     Delete alert......   No trail topic enclosed....
- - - - -
Red - sometimes no matter how we examine a certain policy, there is
absolutely no logic to it whatsoever.  For example:

Several years ago I had to go to Haiti about once a quarter as part of a
military assistance training team for their navy (??).  The first time I
went, I stayed in what passed for a hotel in Petionville, up the hill from
Port Au Prince.

When it came time to check out, the desk clerk refused my American dollars -
a most unusual occurrence anywhere in the Caribbean.  I had insufficient
local currency (Gourdes ?) in my pocket and there were no provisions for any
kind of credit card.  However, by policy, they were more than willing to
accept a personal check written on my bank account in Texas.

I bit my tongue to keep from commenting, wrote a check, and flew home.

Go figure.

Al (Draggin' Anchor)