Re[2]: [at-l] Veteran's Day

"If windmills in my back yard will postpone this then start building.  Someday
some soldier will look back and  say "If people had been more responsible we
would not be here"....  When they start sending bodies back from the middle east
go to the funeral near you.  Tell his Mother how much you enjoyed your view from
Saddleback....This discussion started on Veterans Day. I thought how could
people argue about such things on a day such as this." argues Clyde.

Aside from the fact that wind towers on every possible mountain top in Maine
would do nothing significant to reduce this country's demand for oil, I began
the discussion of windpower on Nov. 5, not on Veteran's Day.

Yes, I'm a veteran -- a veteran weary of those who use patriotism as an excuse
for damaging those things that many of us served to protect.

Weary '93