[at-l] Minimalist whining...

At 02:15 PM 11/11/01 -0500, somebody wrote:
>I don't doubt you feel that way Bob, but you are still a consumer of energy,
>Those low energy florescent lights use electricity, the aluminum in your zip
>stove took a bunch of energy to refine. The material you are using to reduce
>your energy dependency, consumed a bunch of energy and raw materials to
>produce.

Y'know, I'm tired of hearing about sheet like this.  Kinda like we should
all be good little boys & girls by staying in one place and keeping our
heartbeat low so as not to increase our metabolism level and deplete the
earth of O2.

If the human race went the way of dinosaurs, then the earth would be
what?  Pristine and unencumbered with landfills?  So this is a goal we
should strive for?

I was reading how in Afghanistan, outhouses are considered upscale in some
places; many just go in the streets.  So better to revert to that level and
get rid of corporate jets and ski lifts?

Or maybe it'd be better to seek gratification in your own lifestyle and
admit the infeasibility of trying to control and influence others...

The Wizard!  A gleam in his eye, a bounce in his step!