Community ? was Re: [at-l] I'm out of here

Ron Winchester wrote:

> > Not to put words in Ms Tina's mouth but "I" thought her point was (And this
> > list, or any other list, should not mistakenly be thought of as the trail
> > community) With the operative word being THE.
> > Plum'Crazy
>
> Must've missed that.
> I'm not a very good mind reader.
>
> She did said they are two separate communities.  This is what I disagree with.
>
> Ron

	It's a form of set theory - there are multiple hiking communities, some
of which overlap, and some that don't. They are all part of THE hiking
community, a superset so amorphous as to defy definition. What Tina is
describing are a couple of the subsets that are part of the overall
group. You correctly point out that there are individuals that belong to
both, but that's because there is overlap between the sets. They are
indeed separate, but they are not mutually exclusive.

	Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com