[at-l] Backpacking Books for Women and stuff

In a message dated 11/7/01 6:48:59 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
CrzyPlum@aol.com writes:

> You confuse me [of course that's easy]. When you say safety, I presume you

I probably confused myself too.  That is also easy, especially these days. :)

Yea, I meant that, at least, I think that was the point I was responding to.
I guess I was trying to say that if you leave for a thru hike within the
standard window, you aren't going to be alone, therefore the safety issue (of
a woman hiking alone) really isn't an issue.  As I think I said (but I could
be wrong) hiking at other times of the year might require more thought and
concern, if you are a woman hiking alone.

It was definitely, though, about women hiking, near as I remember.  Not
winter hiking (where humanoids aren't my concern) which in case one should
always have a winter elf around for :)

The Redhead

multipart/alternative
  text/html