[at-l] Backpacking Books for Women.

Boy this brings back memories...
Years ago, debating with MaineRose on Trailplace, the topic being a separate
e-mail list for women, and directing 'female' questions off the main list. I
was agin it. She wasn't, and hundreds of women contributed to her book. I
sent in my essay, but it wasn't used :O)
Conclusions I've come to since then: 1)People new to backpacking are
uncomfortable asking about certain topics in public. 2)Women are more
comfortable talking about certain things with other women. 3)Experience with
extended backpacking trips removes these barriers.
Late at night in the shelter, amid the laughter, tears, farts, and snores, we
are all Backpackers.
TJ

multipart/alternative
  text/html