Fwd: [at-l] Hello, Goodbye, I don't know why...

Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:

> >Ron Winchester wrote:
> >
> >I may have come on a little strong this morning suggesting that some folks
> >would be happy to see his site shut down, and to say he damned the hiking
> >community.
>
> You're probably right about the first part - there ARE a few who actually
> hate him
> Don't know what you've read, but if it was on at-l, then I'd suggest that
> anyone who wants to know what was said go back and read it in the archives.

Actually Jim, I read and heard most of it while I was hiking this year - a lot
of contempt.  I did try to find some gobblety-goop on at-l earlier as someone
suggested there were regular WF flames here, but I really didn't find anything
that led me to believe it.  As for Jack, I'm sure he thinks of WF as a friend,
and after speaking to him a couple months ago about this he indicated concerns
that turned out to be quite prophetic over the past couple days.

As for my second comment, it's more the way I feel, than a statement of discord
-- of which it probably is.

Ron