[at-l] Halloween Night Hike

Halloween. The night when the spirits allegedly roam
the Earth, goblins abound, and eight hikers walk on a
full moon evening.

The night was incredible. The moon was extremely
bright, reflecting off the freshly fallen snow with an
appropriately eerie silver light.  The cabin, though
structurally sound, was just decrepit enough to to add
the right atmosphere. If I may brag a bit, my
knowledge of the local history made for some
interesting ghost stories. :-) (One person was a bit
frightened when I started telling the true story
(wink, wink, nudge, nudge) about the little boy lost
in a blizzard who still haunts these woods looking for
his Mom and Dad.. Naturally, he used to live in the
very cabin we were sleeping in.)

After a while, took a good one hour or so walk at
midnight to explore the area. The other old cabins in
the area  again look rather spooky by the light of the
full moon.
Again hammed it up with some stories based on the
local history...

Was a tad chilly last night, but brought the -20 bag
and a down jacket (and plenty of spare clothes for
those who seem to always misjudge  how cold it is in
the mountains in late October! Finally getting the
hang of this trip co-leader thing...) and of course
plenty of cocoa and chocolate. Mmm mmm

No trick or treating, but it was probably my best
Halloween ever.

Did I mention I love this state? :-)

Nocturnally yours,

Mags