[at-l] 2002 Hikes

At 11:41 AM 10/28/01 -0800, Paul Magnanti wrote:
>After a couple of off color comments directed at me on
>the way to Gathering (Sorry, bub, the mountains my
>ancestors came from were not anywhere near
>Afghanisitan) I am thinking something more than my
>Colorado ID might not be a bad idea.

Funny, when we met it never crossed my mind to think you might be from
Afghanistan. Even thinking back now I have a hard time figuring how anyone
could think that.  Perhaps the problem was they were thinking, just
reacting to their own fears.  I found most of the folks at the Gathering
more open and accepting than that.  Too bad you had to encounter the less
enlightened inDUHviduals.  I guess there are a few in every group.

sAunTerer