[at-l] Re: The cost of NOT treating water

At 11:38 PM 10/23/01 -0400, DTimm65344@aol.com wrote:
>I carry the same (MSR miniworks) and have found it pretty easy to deal with.
>I can disassemble and reassemble the whole thing with my leatherman so I
>haven't found any problem I can't deal with, and I've found several to deal
>with (clogged hoses, won't pump, etc.)

Dave,  What did you need the Leatherman for?  I field strip, clean and
reassemble the MSR Miniworks with no tools at all.  That was what sold me
on that filter (plus the relative ease of pumping).  I've had mine for
several years (4-5?) and never had any serious problems.  The only time it
wouldn't pump was once when I inadvertently reassembled it without the
little ball in the ball valve. DUH!

sAunTerer