[at-l] giardia

Actually, your story is pretty classic for community acquired giardia.
The gestation period is about 3 weeks, hence I think whatever was going
around town was already in you before your hike began. Testing for
giardia is not always successful, and many would consider presumptive
treatment just from the history you provided. You had persistant
diarrhea and loss of appetite, both very good reasons to interrupt a
hiking schedule.

Bill...