Re[2]: [at-l] The cost of NOT treating

> In
> general, one can treat
> an unknown diarrhea with Flagyl and the person will
> get better.

This is exactly what happened both times I had metro
(My Jamaica trip and my attempted thru hike last
year).  Both dr's said, "Well, you've got some sort of
infection going on down there.  I can do an expensive
test to see exactly what you have, then give you
antibiotics, or just give you antibiotics today, your
choice."  "uhhh can I <barf> start the antibiotics
<barf> today, please?"

Actually, the dr in Elizabethton, TN said, "And I know
you're a hiker, so you won't stick around long enough
for me to do a proper test, so I'll just prescribe you
2 different antibiotics that will wipe out anything
you _might_ have."  Those next 2 weeks I was dragging
ass every day.  oh man, that was a lot of pills...

=====
--
Schuyler Stultz
Former and future AT hiker