[at-l] Sleeping Bag Advice

> Message: 11
> From: "Leslie Booher" <lwbooher@halifax.com>
> To: "List AT" <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
> Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 23:03:41 -0400
> Subject: [at-l] Sleeping Bag Advice---
>
> OK, guys.  Time for another of our annual
> discussions.  Sleeping bags.  I'm
> going to need to buy a sleeping bag for our 20 year
> old daughter.  We're
> planning to hike the Camino de Santiago early next
> summer.  I'm looking at a

Whoaaaa!!!!!!! Run that by me again? You're coming to
Europe? To hike the infamous "Pilgrim's path"? You're
actually gonna give me a chance to do something nice
for a fellow lister while in Europe? This is just too
cool! Where are you gonna start your hike? Tell me
it's gonna be Holland and I will do whatever I can to
help you guys out.

I can't help you very much sleeping bag wise other
than tell you about the weather in Europe in early
summer. The Netherlands and Belgium are usually still
relatively cold, especially at night which is when you
will be needing your bags, but France and Spain are
generally great and a 20 degree bag should work fine,
depending on how easily your daughter gets cold. I
currently own two bags and am known as the one person
that can get gold in 40 deg weather in a 10 deg bag...
Anyway, like I said weatherwise you should be fine but
remember that you will be hiking through the Pyrenees,
where you will be at altitude and temperatures can
drop sharply at night.

I think I have an article on the Camino somewhere in
an older version of "Op Pad", the Dutch version of
"Backpacker" magazine and will see if I can find it
and some tips for you. Also let me know what info you
already have on the Camino and I will try to update
you on the rest.

Still very excited at the possibility of doing some
Trail magic in Europe.

Write, okay?

Kajsa