[at-l] Boots vs Shoes

--- "Kleingeld, Ian (Futurebuild)" <Ian.Kleingeld@chh.co.nz> wrote:

> Some people say "Go for leather, heavy boots".
> Some guys say I should go for a sneaker type of footwear.

> What is the general feeling out there on this point?

### You pretty much nailed it. But as Mara said, think of your whole
pack/style/trail need, not just your feet.

Sloetoe
AT'79; LT'01
confirmed Norwegian welt 6lbs/pr when backpacking with 15-20lbs base
weight, up to 55lbs total load, rock-hopping with the best of 'em,
trail runner, ultra-marathoner in my New Balance(s), kind of guy.

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!