Re[2]: [at-l] Re: Toughest hikes/sections

"...since I've already done Mount Washington as well, the whole thing should be
a breeze (right!!)."

 No problem whatsoever. You have the trail licked. Now just put one foot in
 front of the other and you are home free.

 Katahdin's a snap. It's only a 4,000 foot elevation gain in five miles -- and
 most of that is in a middle mile. What could be difficult about a mile of
 vertical ascent with plenty of boulders and iron pins in the rocks to hang on
 to?

 And with Washington already accomplished you'll have two or three hundred feet
 less elevation gain to pick up the trail on both sides of the summit. It's now
 a piece of cake. I sure wish I had thought of these advanced preparations.

  Weary