[at-l] Trail Maintenance

Hi All,

Had a great weekend hiking from Pine Grove Furnace to Caledonia.  On the hike we came across some PATC trail maintainers.  This sparked a discussion as this was an AMC sponsered hike.  The AMC has a difficult time getting people to show up for trail works, but we have a very heavy hiking, biking, and canoing schedule.  PATC on the other hand focuses in trail maintenance.

I am taking an informal survey (please reply off list).  I would like to know;  1.  Do you belong to a trail club?  2.  Do they perform trail maintenance?  3.  Do you perform any maintenance?

Thanks in advance for the information.  I think that the AMC Delaware Valley Chapter should be doing more in the way of trail maintenance.

Bob Dudley
AKA Grey Owl