[at-l] Inyo tent

>it started raining just as I got inside to check everything out. So now I
am
>getting an authentic, rain and wind test of my new tent even as I write
>this.

Don't forget to seal any leaks after it dries out b4 you hit the trail..

>How many stakes do those of you who have used this tent need for the
rainfly - one in the front, I know, but
>don't you need two on each side (at the Velcro'd rainfly door seam) - I
only
>have one on each side, cause that's where I ran out.

Nope, you have the right number of stakes.  When the fly's doors are open,
you can roll them up and tie them back.  When they are closed, you can rely
on the stakes that are already holding the top sections to keep the fly
taut, or, if you are concerned that the zipper / Velcro combo won't hold,
you can use the same stakes to secure the door sections. (Just remember that
you have to get in / out of the tent at some point and having the doors
staked down will put a bit of a crimp in that)

>Along with this question, any hard-learned tips about the best way to use
>this tent?

Nothing hard learned, but a packing tip:  I don't know if you are a folder
or a stuffer when packing your gear, but I have found that this tent
responds best to folding.  I usually take out the pole b4 unstaking.  Leave
the fly in place and the ground sheet too.  Fold the whole thing in on
itself lengthwise until it's about the width of one section of the pole,
then roll the whole thing up.

I've found that if I pack it this way, it takes me less than 2 minutes to
pitch the tent the next day.

Hope you enjoy it.

-r