[at-l] Lions & Tigers & Bears. Oh My!

At 12:44 PM 9/26/01 -0400, William Neal wrote:
>   Do that many animals react
>"badly" to "loud" colors?

Can't quote the source but read recently ...new evidence that bears are
attracted to loud colors in that it is something out of the norm for the
woods and they just mosey over to investigate.  Now connect that with
what ever foods smells they connect with the loud colors they are investigating
and soon, that fuchsia/teal combo will be like ringing the dinner bell

>I know I had a hummingbird come after me.  I was walking through a thicket
>of flowers and I was wearing a bright red wind breaker.

Mee toooo.....tres cool!!!

>Seems to me that "loud" colors would be a plus and not a minus to hikers.
>One, animals (if they do react to colors) would see you and that would make
>it less likely that you'd have an "unfortunate" encounter with them.

Only plus I can think of is that rescuers would have an easier time.  I wanna
see critters <G>.  Of course...check the local regs. re: hunting season.  Not
wearing BLAZE orange at that time is just dumb and in some places illegal.

multipart/mixed
---