[at-l] AT-L: Swinging Free...Without a Net

Hey,
>The whole timing
> of the
> trip rides on how much money I need to save for gear/food/other
> expenses, and
> how much time I have to do it.  Part of my expense will be my rent
> for the
> four or five months I'm gone
Anyone out there who cut loose entirely - quit job, gave up apartment,
etc while hiking a long time? Gave up all safety nets?

How did that work upon rentry? Was finding a new place hard? New work?

Also, what did you do with your STUFF (while you were gone) - storage?

I've got 2 dogs and a cat too (selling the horses) (one hopes). Folks
not an option. The three critters are family, so I want them safe and
they wouldn't be happy in kennels (would that I could afford THAT!).
Any brainstorming?

Thses are the sorts of things that keep me up at night, but if I let
them stop my planning, I wouldn't go, so I am mushing on finguring
solutions will arise - perhaps from this list?

Sometimes I think I'm too old for this - this is stuff I did in my 20s!
Jan in NC

--
    Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

http://www.mindspring.com/~janl2